- Region: Arunachal Pradesh
- Destinations : Dibrugarh–Roing–Anini–Imungu–Inguli–Mele–Roing–Dibrugarh
- Total no of days: 10 Nights/11 Days
- No of walking days: 6 Days
- Grade: Moderate to Difficult
- Max Altitude(in ft): 12300
- Approx Trekking(in Km): 77
- Best Time: November to March
The trek is ideal for intermediate to expert trekkers as on almost all trekking days we will be climbing steep uphill or downhill. You will be accompanied by experienced guides and former hunters with in-depth knowledge to share the history of the area while showing you the rare flora and fauna.
Day 01: Dibrugarh
You will arrive at Dibrugarh – the second largest city in Northeast India. The city has an airport and is also well connected via railways and roads. So you can directly fly in here or take a train/bus from Guwahati or anywhere you are travelling from. You will be received by one of our team members and will be taken to your destination of the day – guest house in a tea garden. You will be briefed about the trek and any last minute purchases can be done today since Dibrugarh is the last major city we’ll be in before we head into remote Arunachal Pradesh.
Day 02: Dibrugarh–Roing
You will be transferred on a car from Dibrugarh into Arunachal Pradesh – a pleasant drive through picturesque tea garden estates of upper Assam. The journey also includes an hour long ferry ride across Lohit river. Once in Roing, you will be taken to your campsite in an orchid farm overlooking a nesting area of birds.
Day 03: Roing to Anini
Today will be a long day on the car to reach the last town near the starting point of our trek. We will travel more than 300 kilometers on a mountain road, cross Mayodia Pass – the highest pass in the Debang Valley districts (2655 meters) and will reach Anini only late in the evening. This is where we’ll drop our extra luggage before we start off on our trek early next morning. A hearty meal and a few hours of rest before the trek.
Day 04: Anini to Imungu to Jungle Camp 01
The start of our trek is from a small village called Imungu – which is about 25 kilometers from Anini. There on, we leave our transfer vehicles and start walking up the initial ridge of the hill with breathtaking view of the lush green hills. Degree of elevation is moderate so you can ease your way in before the steep climbs of later days. However, be weary of insects as they can be quite a nuisance. Full sleeves are strongly recommended. Most of the day will be over while we cross the lush fern fields and set up camp for the night right at the start of the forest at an elevation of around 2500 meters.
Day 05: Jungle Camp 01 to Jungle Camp 02
Today we will start our journey through the dense forest of Mishimi hills. We will resume our ascend from 2500 meters through very thick groove at the start of our trek. After gaining about 500 meters, the forest thins out to more manageable ferns plants. At 3200 meters the thick forests starts again but with an entirely different kind of vegetation. There is a stark difference in the flora as we gain or lose altitude. Numerous species of plants and small animals and birds are on display for those who know where to look. Tonight’s camp will be set up at around 3400 meters in a very small patch of relatively plain land closer to a water source.
Day 06: Jungle Camp 02 to Lake Kamo Uyea
Today we will make the final ascent to our destination – the lake locally known as Kamo Uyea which is at around 3750 meters. From our overnight camp in the Alpine forests, we will continue along the ridge of the mountain till we reach the glaciers and continue till our camping site for the next couple of days. The highest point of today’s trek is around 3850 meters and we camp at a spot with a view of the late at around 3730 meters.
Day 07: Camp Lake Kamo Uyea
Today we take a break from rigorous walking and take in the serene beauty on display. There will be a short trek, not far off from our camping site to the other lakes namely – Emu Uyea, Chenni Uyea, Dinni Uyea, Huhu Uyea, Assy Uyea and Achanga Uyea. Each of these high altitude lakes is virtually untouched, safely hidden amongst unnamed hills in the Far East Himalayas. Use the rest of the day to take photographs or rest or just chill out. From here on, we will start our descent back to civilization.
Day 08: Camp Lake Kamo Uyea to Inguli
Today is a long day of going downhill to reach an outpost near a small village called Inguli. We will start very early from our camp at 3730 meters and continue up to reach the top of the mountain at 3927 meters and then start our long descent to our outpost at 1550 meters near Inguli. We will follow the old hunting trails of Idu Mishmi tribe through cliffs and pine ridges as well as a tricky river crossing. We’ll spend the night at a traditional Idu Mishimi house.
Day 09: Inguli Outpost to Mele to Anini
The last day of our trek will be a short one. Much of the downhill was covered yesterday and today we just have some bamboo roves to cross along with a couple of rivers. This should not take more than 2-3 hours. Once we reach the ITBP outpost at a village called Mele, our transfer vehicles will be waiting for us there to take us back to Anini.
Day 10: Anini to Rynali
Today we will start to travel back down into the plains. This will be a comparatively short day on the road and will give you ample time to explore the secluded village or a short walk to Tanlo river if you fell like. We will be staying in a guest house near Tanlo river.
Day 10: Rynali to Roing
Continuing on our journey back, we will travel back to Roing to our base camp. Overnight at a guest house overseeing nesting ground of many exotic birds.
Day 10: Roing to Dibrugarh
You will be transferred back to Dibrugarh from Roing to catch your flight/train/bus the next day. Overnight at a beautiful guest house in a tea garden.
End of your Adventura Trip.
- Accommodation during Trek (Camps)
- Meals while on trek
- Inner Line / Restricted Area Permits
- First aid medical kits
- Tents, Sleeping bags & Gaiters if required
- Experienced guide, porters and support staff
- Trekking Poles, Jackets, Boots etc
- Any Deviation or detour
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- 25% of the tour expenses is to be deposited with ADVENTURA at the time of booking. This deposit along with an invoice from ADVENTURA on receipt of such an amount will be considered the confirmation of the booking.
- The full payment for the tour needs to be paid 30 days prior to departure
- Cancellations will be subject to cancellation charges.
- Cancellations have to be intimated to ADVENTURA in writing and by mail.
- We will keep 15% of total amount on cancellation.
Cancellation between 20 days prior to departure will be charged 50% of tour expenses.
- Cancellation between 15 days prior to departure will be charged 75% of tour expenses. Cancellations made from 10 days to day of departure will be charged 100% of the tour expenses.
- Cancellation by ADVENTURA in the unforeseen eventualities of disaster, war, riots, political or industrial unrest like Airline operators strike or any other force majeure (forces outside our control), it may be necessary to cancel the tour in the best interests of our clients. In such an eventuality our clients will be informed as soon as possible. The expenses borne by the clients will be refunded in full. We will also provide you with an alternate set of tour dates.
- ADVENTURA does not own places of accommodation (hotels, resorts) for its clients. While we do exert influence for the service providers to adhere to the utmost quality, the ultimate responsibility for the service is with the Hotels themselves.
- ADVENTURA will not refund the booking amount for entry refused due to VISA or health factors, such cancellations will be guided by the cancellation policy.
- Backpack 50 – 60 ltr
- Head Torch with Extra Batteries
- Trekking Pole
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Sun Cap
- Trek Pants (2 Pairs)
- Fleece and Woolen gloves
- Balaclava and Woolen Caps
- Thermals ( 2 Pairs)
- Waterproof Trekking Shoes
- Cotton/Woolen Socks(3 Pairs)
- Warm Hollow Fit Jacket
- 1 Pair of slippers
- Water Bottle
- Day Pack 20 ltr
- Quick Dry Towel