Bornadi Wildlife Sanctuary is a 26.22-square-kilometre (10.12 sq mi) wildlife sanctuary situated on the foothills of Himalayas bordering Bhutan in the north and in Udalguri district of Assam. This sanctuary is named after the river Bornadi which flows on its western border. It is 110 km from Guwahati. The sanctuary was established in 1980 to protect the hispid hare (Caprolagus hispidus) and pigmy hog (Porcula salvania) There are mammals such as the pygmy hog, Cap langur, golden langur, clouded leopard, hoolock gibbon and white-winged wood duck There are also some migratory and local birds like peafowl, hornbill, swamp partridge, Bengal Locality florican, kingfisher, woodpecker, etc. Jungle Trekking, Hiking for tourist also conducted.
About Bornadi River and Locality:
River Bornadi, the mainstream of River Puthimari flows from Bhutan and it enter s into India at Bogamati. It is a beautiful and most picturesque place where the Bhutan Foothills end. Now Bogamati has began the most popular picnic spot of Assam. Shikhar Adventure Club with support from Explorers, Guwahati introduced White Water Rafting at Bornadi for the 1st time at 2006. Green Trek & Adventure has been conducting White Water Rafting for tourist since 2015. Bodo, Nepali, Bengali, Garo, Tea Tribes including Assemese people are some of the communities lives surrounding Bogamati area.
The Road connectivity is good from Guwahati to Bogamati via Baihata Chariali
Day 01: Pick up and transfer to Bogamati . Breakfast on the move
- WaterZorbing, Zipline, Tyroline Traverse, Floating, Kayaking.
- Lunch at Campsite . Evening at Leisure. Dinner & Overnight at Bogamati
Night stay: Tent on twin sharing basis.
Day 02: The day starts with a bed tea
After refreshment enjoy a short hike and later the main event “Rafting ” at Barnodi with expert river guide & all possible safety measures. After the thrilling water adventure return to campsite for delicious Lunch. Later transfer to Guwahati.
End of your Adventura Trip.
- Transportation from Guwahati to Guwagati by 01 AC Tempo traveller.
- Tented Accommodation for 01 Night on twin sharing basis.
- All Meals: 02 Breakfast, 02 Lunch, 01 Dinner, 01 Evening Tea & Snacks.
- Drinking Water.
- 01 Rafting on Day 02.
- Other Adventure activities as per the above itineary with expert guide & technical team.
- 01 Guide through out the itinerary.
- Special Birthday cake for the birthday girl.
- First Aid kid.
- Any personal expenses.
- Any other expenses not mention in inclusion head.