- Region: Darjeeling
- Destinations: Siliguri-Jaubhari-Tumling-Kalipokhri-Sabargram-Gorkhey-NJP
- Total no of days: 6 nights/ 7 days
- No of walking days: 6 Days
- Grade: Easy-Moderate
- Max Altitude(in ft): 11950 feet
- Approx Trekking(in Km): 77
- Best Time: September-May
Sandakphu, the highest point, lies on the borders of two different countries – India and Nepal. An interesting point is that Sandakphu is the highest point in the two states in which it lies – West Bengal in India and Mechi in Nepal.
Sandakphu, being the highest peak in West Bengal, offers grand views of the world’s tallest peaks. Lhotse and Makalu, the fourth and fifth highest peaks in the world stand tall at 8,516m and 8,463m, trying to outdo the world’s tallest peak. But how can they? After all, the Everest stands between them, towering over everything! On the other hand, Kangchenjunga, the third highest peak, stands with its family at 8,586m.
Day 01: Reach Jaubhari; 4-5 hours drive from New Jalpaiguri
Day 02: Jaubhari (6,400 ft) to Tumling (9,450 ft); 11 km, 6-7 hours
Day 03: Tumling (9,450 ft) to Kalipokhri (10,400 ft); 13 km, 7 hours
Day 04: Kalipokhri (10,400 ft) to Sandakphu (11,950 ft); 6.5 km, 3 hours
Day 05: Sandakphu (11,950 ft) to Sabargram (11,807 ft); 14 km, 6 hours
Day 06: Sabargram (11,807 ft) to Gorkhey (7,546 ft) via Phalut; 17 km, 6 hours
Day 07: Gorkhey (7,546 ft) to Sepi (6,234 ft); 15 km, 5 hours. Depart from Sepi after lunch.
End of your Adventura Trip.
Available Dates For Treks
- Accommodation during Trek (Camps)
- Meals while on trek (Veg)
- Inner Line / Restricted Area Permits
- Transport from and to Dibrugarh
- First aid medical kits
- Tents, Sleeping bags & Gaiters if required
- Experienced guide, porters and support staff
- Trekking Poles, Jackets, Boots etc
- Any Deviation or detour
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- 25% of the tour expenses is to be deposited with ADVENTURA at the time of booking. This deposit along with an invoice from ADVENTURA on receipt of such an amount will be considered the confirmation of the booking.
- The full payment for the tour needs to be paid 30 days prior to departure
- Cancellations will be subject to cancellation charges.
- Cancellations have to be intimated to ADVENTURA in writing and by mail.
- We will keep 15% of total amount on cancellation.
Cancellation between 20 days prior to departure will be charged 50% of tour expenses.
- Cancellation between 15 days prior to departure will be charged 75% of tour expenses. Cancellations made from 10 days to day of departure will be charged 100% of the tour expenses.
- Cancellation by ADVENTURA in the unforeseen eventualities of disaster, war, riots, political or industrial unrest like Airline operators strike or any other force majeure (forces outside our control), it may be necessary to cancel the tour in the best interests of our clients. In such an eventuality our clients will be informed as soon as possible. The expenses borne by the clients will be refunded in full. We will also provide you with an alternate set of tour dates.
- ADVENTURA does not own places of accommodation (hotels, resorts) for its clients. While we do exert influence for the service providers to adhere to the utmost quality, the ultimate responsibility for the service is with the Hotels themselves.
- ADVENTURA will not refund the booking amount for entry refused due to VISA or health factors, such cancellations will be guided by the cancellation policy.
Trek Essentials & Equipment’s
- Backpack 50 – 60 ltr
- Head Torch with Extra Batteries
- Trekking Pole
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Sun Cap
- Trek Pants (2 Pairs)
- Fleece and Woolen gloves
- Balaclava and Woolen Caps
- Thermals ( 2 Pairs)
- Waterproof Trekking Shoes
- Cotton/Woolen Socks(3 Pairs)
- Warm Hollow Fit Jacket
- 1 Pair of slippers
- Water Bottle
- Day Pack 20 ltr
- Quick Dry Towel